03 septembre 2012

Je recommence

I set up this blog during a technology course in 2010 and just never followed through. This school year is different. The times, they are a'changin'. I have so many ideas for my classes this year and want to use this forum for some reflection and peer feedback. On Monday, 27 August, I was told I could possibly be adding 14 Distance Learning students to my roster (6 French II, 8 French III). I was nervous and excited. Turns out that 2 students showed up for French II and there were just 4 who arrived for the first session of French III. As soon as class ended, the French III students marched to the principal's office & resigned. Their reason? My own students could speak conversationally and they could not. Pats on the back to my students, but still I felt let down that this group didn't want to set the same goal-speaking conversational French. So, the 2 French II students hung in the first week, but tomorrow is another day. Will they return after the long holiday weekend? That remains to be seen.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire