24 juin 2013

Challenge 2: Avoid BURN-OUT

Last Monday I began a yoga class that meets 3 mornings a week. The techniques I am learning and practicing are already starting to come in handy in other situations. Clearing the mind, deep breathing, listening to my environment, becoming aware of myself, good posture. I know I will continue to benefit from this as the school year progresses.


I am careful about what and when I eat, take a multi-vitamin, go to bed early & rise early to read & journal to start my day. I am careful about how I feed my mind, as well. What do I read, watch, listen to? Am I learning something new every day? Am I finding things to be grateful for?


I think my best tip to avoid burn-out is to LAUGH..."often and much" as Emerson said. Laugh with students, laugh at myself. I love what I do, and I do what I love. I am in my 14th year of teaching and am still having fun with it. 

1 commentaire:

  1. Hi Julie,

    Talking about laughter. The cartoon gave me an idea.

    Laughter is a great ingredient to avoid burn-out. Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of it. Thanks for the lovely reminder.

    :) Rose

    RépondreSupprimer