28 janvier 2013

Untitled

She considers a field and buys it;

out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

She sets about her work vigorously;

her arms are strong for her tasks.

Proverbs 31:16-17

Oh dear. Last week the journey was about making wise food choices, not only for myself but for my family. I didn't have any doubts there. I'm pretty conscientious about meals and mealtimes. We rarely have sugary snacks (much to John's disappointment and frequent cabinet pillaging), fast food isn't in the budget. Wrestling season is a challenge because we eat later in the evenings. My personal rule is, "No eating after 7 p.m.", but John doesn't like to eat alone, so I break my own rule for a few months.

But this week is going to push me. The topic is Strengthening Your Body, and the verse above convicts me, "She sets about her work vigorously..." sigh... I'm vigorous throughout the school day, then come home to all that awaits (dishes, dinner, Christmas stuff still to pack away!), and the vigor is sucked right out of me.

Today's priority is to add a walk to my daily routine. I can do that! I have done that! Why am I not doing that? I had a walking routine all summer, I have a rebounder for walking indoors and I have walking DVDs that I enjoy! I kept telling myself when John started wrestling season, I would have time in the afternoon/evening to get in a 20-30 minute walk, but I never (not once!) took advantage of it. I know the advantages, I have reaped the rewards in the past: renewed energy, increased strength, improved self-esteem. So why aren't I exercising/walking now?

My reasons are merely excuses. I have the equipment, I have the right shoes, I have the cute clothes (!). Today is the day. I'm making my commitment public. Consider this an invitation to do the same and to keep me accountable!

I WILL WALK THREE TIMES WEEKLY.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire