10 juin 2014

Blogging Challenge, Day 3 of 20

Today's challenge: What is a website that you cannot live without? Tell about your favorite features and how you use it in your teaching/learning.


Schoology.com; my Learning Management System (LMS) of choice! I used Moodle for a couple of years, tried Edmodo in order to collaborate with other teachers who were using it, but have had the most success with Schoology. Student reviews are much more positive for Schoology than for Moodle or Edmodo. And if the students react positively, it's a winner!


Schoology has the look of Facebook, is very user-friendly and is loaded with "bells & whistles"! There is a calendar for communicating upcoming events; a Materials list that includes online quizzes, which I use daily for formative assessment; a Resource library, where I can save important/useful links, documents & files; the ability to create a Discussion forum, encouraging peer collaboration & tutoring. I use the Update feature every day to post learning objectives, class activities, page numbers, links, images, etc. Schoology links with your Google, Facebook & Twitter accounts (if you choose to do so); incorporates Dropbox for assignment submissions, and the list goes on and on.


This summer, I intend to discover additional features of Schoology with which I am unfamiliar. Schoology already works for me, but I want it to WORK FOR me!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire