16 juin 2014

Blogging Challenge, Day 8 of 20

Today's challenge: Tell about a professional read (book, article, blog, post) that has had an impact on you. Why? How?


This one isn't too difficult, since one of the most helpful books I have read recently is on the topic of assessments (remember? The bane of my existence? See Challenge 5). 


You can see the cover edges are showing some wear & tear! 


Foreign language teachers, I recommend this to all of you! It provides research-based strategies & the rationale for using IPAs in the FL classroom, describes in detail how to construct an IPA, includes templates and examples in many different languages, and offers scoring rubrics.


I have a much better understanding of the value of IPAs after reading each chapter. Just weeks ago, I suggested to my FL coworkers that we should come to weekly department meetings ready to discuss one single chapter of the book, and share how we are implementing the strategies in our classes. We didn't have time in the 2013-2014 year, but I will strongly encourage the book study when we return to school in August.


All the tools you need to understand, develop, create, implement and assess communication in the FL classroom are right here!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire